Node.js 12.3. is here to provide experimental support for the WebAssembly ES-Modules integration. With this, Node follows the current trend: Everyone is counting on WebAssembly!
Node.js: WebAssembly support
- Added the –experimental-wasm-modules flag to support WebAssembly modules (Myles Borins & Guy Bedford) #27659
- Log errors using util.inspect in case of fatal exceptions (Ruben Bridgewater) #27243
- Add process.on(‘uncaughtException’) support (Ruben Bridgewater) #27151
- Implemented Readable.from async iterator utility (Guy Bedford) #27660
- Expose built-in root certificates (Ben Noordhuis) #26415
- Support net.Server options (Luigi Pinca) #27665
- Expose keylog event on TLSSocket (Alba Mendez) #27654
- Added the ability to unshift messages from the MessagePort (Anna Henningsen) #27294
Node.js 12.3 also brings some more new features and bug fixes, which can be found in the Release Notes on the Node Blog. These include, for example, the new utility method Readable.from , which converts async iterators into readable streams.