We are rapidly approaching the release of PHP 7.3. The third of six planned Release Candidates brings further improvements and bug fixes.
New in PHP 7.3 RC3
14 issues were edited in RC3 for PHP 7.3. For example, a bug in the use of Reflection was fixed. If Reflection was used in PHP 7.2 and an Error Handler was set as a class method, the Error Handler object could not access its own private attributes. In PHP 7.3, this error no longer occurs.
Furthermore, a memory leak occurred that occurred at a specific cyclic reference that was not detected by the garbage collector. In addition, the date calculation was standardized and an error in the UTF7 IMAP conversion resolved.
The list of bugfixes:
- Expose curl constants from curl 7.50 to 7.61.
- Fixed bug #76846 (Segfault in shutdown function after memory limit error).
- Fixed bug #76946 (Cyclic reference in generator not detected).
- Fixed bug #72635 (Undefined class used by class constant in constexpr generates fatal error).
- Fixed bug #76947 (file_put_contents() blocks the directory of the file (__DIR__)).
- Fixed bug #76979 (define() error message does not mention resources as valid values).
- Fixed bug #75851 (Year component overflow with date formats „c“, „o“, „r“ and „y“).
- Fixed #76948 (Failed shutdown/reboot or end session in Windows).
- Fixed bug #76954 (apache_response_headers removes last character from header name).
- Fixed bug #76972 (Data truncation due to forceful ssl socket shutdown).
- Fixed bug #76942 (U_ARGUMENT_TYPE_MISMATCH).
- Fixed bug #76958 (Broken UTF7-IMAP conversion).
- Fixed bug #76936 (Objects cannot access their private attributes while handling reflection errors).
- Fixed bug #66430 (ReflectionFunction::invoke does not invoke closure with object scope).
Also released are updates to the PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 development line: Both PHP 7.1.23 and PHP 7.2.11 are bug fix releases that users should update immediately.